The Great Parenting Show


Sunday, October 7, 2012

10 Things I'm Grateful for as a Parent

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thank you for coming by to read this post.  Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday, so I find it appropriate that I should write a list of things I'm grateful for. 

By the way, this is a mental exercise I do throughout the day.  The list never ends!  There is just so much that we have if we start counting and viewing them as gifts.

Grateful that they play with each other like best friends!

What I'm Grateful for:

  1. I am grateful for this quiet time right now as my children are sleeping so that I can reflect on what things there are to be thankful for as a parent.
  2. I am grateful for the endless sweet smiles from my baby that remind me that unconditional love is pure, and is obtainable easily.
  3. I am grateful for all the great professional and parents who have compiled worthwhile experiences into teachings for other parents.  For example, there is a lot of wonderful information from The Great Parenting Show that I have learned from and implemented.  This has helped me to parent more effectively with love, understanding and patience. 
  4. I am grateful for all the innocent yet very logical things that my daughter says.  It's better than watching a sit-com!
  5. I am grateful for having the opportunity to be in so much demand, and feel so needed.  I love serving my family.
  6. I am grateful for our family circumstances that have led me to meet other positive, loving parents around the world.
  7. I am grateful for the washing and drying machine to help me wash and dry all the laundry!
  8. I am thankful for having challenges that my children present to me to help me grow up.  For example, there are many issues from childhood that I have now decided to face and figure out so that I can clearly and effectively guide my children to be the best that they can be.
  9. I am grateful to my spouse for doing his best to love our children, support our family life and taking care of things around the house.  Co-parenting has been the most challenging part of parenting for me... and I am growing!
  10. I am grateful to be present in every stage of my children's development... every step deserves celebration!
What things are you grateful for as a parent?  Leave me a comment!

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank YOU for reading,
 

No comments: