The Great Parenting Show


Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good Morning Start Sets Tone for Great Day

What is the first thing you do in the morning?  How does it affect the rest of your day?

In our house, it's always a great situation for me when I wake up when everyone else is still sleeping.  This Saturday, the baby woke me up at 6 AM (not that early, but since it's been getting darker, people seem to get up later too).  Yes!  I thought, I will get up and wake up before anyone else!

I quietly and quickly as I could tiptoed into the kitchen to boil some water.  While the kettle was heating up, I used the toilet, washed my face and hands, combed my hair, and scraped my tongue.  I filled my thermal container with the hot water and retreated back to my room where the baby was still sound asleep.  Quickly and quietly I slipped out of my pyjamas and into some day clothes.

Starting my day off by drinking at least two cups of hot water really helps me to hydrate as well as to eliminate toxins from my body. 

I sat down comfortably on my glider, plugged my ear phones into my phone, turned on some mediative audios, closed my eyes and sipped as I listened.  First was the Qigong mediations then a breathing medication (is supposed to be for my eyesight), followed by two powerful songs.  When the songs started, I got up and moved my body to its sound.  It was invirgorating!

After the audios, the dancing and the water the rest of the house was up as well as the sun.  I was glowing and ready to greeting everyone with extra cheery energy.

This energy helped me getting my daughter out of the house for school without any nagging. 




I am so grateful for a morning quiet morning start to myself.  There's nothing like waking up to silence ;)



Thank you for reading.  Enjoy your day! 

No comments: