The Great Parenting Show


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Starting Homeschool

Today was the last day before Match Break starts tomorrow. Just a week ago I was trying to figure out how to survive the ten day holiday with all three kids... Now I am also working on planning homeschooling starting after the 'break.'

We sent Remy to public school last October because it seemed that he was just running around the house eating, breaking things, etc. I thought it was the coolest and most wonderful thing that he got into a structured learning classroom.

Remy quite seemed I enjoy the bus. It's sometimes really difficult to get Remy to get off the snow as he jumps his whole body onto the white ground.
Well, when I just mention that the bus is coming, he would get up and wander to the edge of our driveway waiting for the small yellow-orange school bus.

Today was his last day on the bus. I trust that he knows it.

I had a consult today with our family coach, and I am feeling good for trying to homeschool Remy again. The top concern about homeschooling was about burning out and making sure to give myself time for self-care.

One very important thing to get right away is finding a reliable helper to dedicate two hours a day to give me respite.

I believe that we will find the right person or persons. This time I feel confident that our program will be sustainable and effective.

Let me know if you or someone you know is interested in volunteering Monday to Friday between 9 - 5. I can be more specific with the hours when you get in touch.

Thank you!
Blissful blessings,

Kim

No comments: