The Great Parenting Show


Sunday, December 30, 2012

30 Day "Back on Healthy Track" Challenge Day 3: Stay Out of the Kitchen!

Good day, Everyone!

I've made it to Day 3 of my 30 Day Challenge. 

I'm Pre-Programmed


It was a little challenging mentally yesterday.  In my experience the first day of a challenge is the easiest.  Then the 2nd and 3rd days are harder because the automatic part of you (the habits) want to play its program.  So, I found myself just automatically thinking about going for more food or for a sweet after a meal.

This is why today I set my intention to avoid the kitchen!  I realise that I have many sets of preprograms that I want to rewrite.  One of them is this automatic eating habit.  Just because it's there does not mean I have to eat it!  Well, my intellectual brain knows that very well, but that's not what my actions reveal. 

Last night at my friend's games night party, she had laid out a bunch of appetizers, lasagna, fruit, veggies, "chocolates" and other nibbles.  I noticed myself thinking about walking over and eating them.  At first it was easy eating just the fruit and veggies.  Then as the night progressed, I found myself looking more at the other items.  Eventually, I allowed myself to indulge in the appetizers.  The only thing I avoided was the candy.

Take Yourself out of the Environment

So, if I just take myself out of the environment, the kitchen, where all the food is then I'll less likely act on my impulses.

This worked well today.  I intend to continue with this moving forward.

What I Ate Today

Breakfast:

-fruit

Lunch:

-taro
-romaine lettuce
-raw veggies
-fermented veggies
-pickled goodies by my friend Dana

-9 raw organic almonds and raisins


Greens Soup


Snack:

-large Asian Pear

Supper:

-quinoa
-pickled goodies
-fermented veggies
-romaine lettuce
-avocado

-left-over Christmas soup
quinoa, black beans, veggies and condiments

 

Accomplishments Today

My husband suggested that we order out (my friend didn't end up ordering Thai last night) for supper, but I made the case of my 30 day Challenge.  Although I was quite tempted, I just simple made what I had intended, and he was happy with what we ate too.

Not only did I stay away from the kitchen, I also avoided bread, "butter", chips (deep fried food), and sweets (like "chocolate, cookies or pastries). 

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Thank you for tuning in!  What are your thoughts about your eating habits? Do you have any New Year's resolutions?  If so, what are they?


Enjoy your  day thoroughly,

 


No comments: